Welcome to my CyberSecurity Blog



The intentions of this blog are to provide myself with a means of documenting and sharing the various technology based solutions that I am working on or have worked on.

It is my hope that taking the time to document my findings in this blog will help strengthen both my practical and soft skills on the various technologies and topics. Understanding the various technology offerings from the ground up, the "how" and "why" if you will of implementing that technology is extremely beneficial for those Engineers that fill a services or delivery role, as well as those that fill a Pre-Sales Engineering role.

Some technologies I want to cover that I have come across or am currently working on are

Internet Edge Security Solutions
Cisco ASA and FTD Offerings
Palo Alto Networks NGFW
L2L VPN's
SSL VPN's
SSL Offloading and Decryption
Endpoint Security Solutions (e.g. EPP and EDR)
Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB) Offerings
ZBFW Solutions
Client Identity Solutions
DMVPN Solutions

Some questions I would like explore and potentially provide answers to are:

What is Security? What does it mean to you and your organization?
What is Cisco's latest approach to Security?
What is Palo Alto Networks approach to Security?
What is the replacement for the Cisco CX Module?
What licensing is involved in migrating to FirePOWER?
Why should my customers make the move to FirePOWER?
What is the migration process from traditional IPS to SourceFIRE?

Check back as I will be proving detailed answers and adding to this blog as much as possible

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SSL Decryption with Palo Alto NGFW

SSL Decryption with Cisco Firepower Management Center

Cisco Firepower Management Center v6.2 - Reference Guide